Saturday, June 27, 2009

Knitting at the Amsterdam Urban Cultural Event


This was fun. A day in the Spui outside the American Book Center in Amsterdam with good friends, lots of yarn and loads of people thinking that knitting and crochet is great! It was fun to plan and promote with the ABC and Donna on the Amsterdam English Breakfast Radio Show. I love going on there. I am so vain! I even watched it back online in the evening. 

I want a chat show. I WANT ONE!!!!

New faces joined with the lovely Malia and Sanne who we all really hope become regular faces at Idle Hands Amsterdam and all the other events that we are going to do!

It was great to get together and bond over small pieces of knit and crocheted fabric. Marjan finally came out of the closet and crocheted in public realizing that it's actually appreciated when people do nice things in public and that they won't spit at her for making lovely chains of flowers to cheer up a lonely tree.

The event attracted quite a number of people, some who came and sat with us and others who took photos, business cards and asked about the Idle Hands meetings that take place in Amsterdam every Wednesday. There was even interest from a rather handsome Irishman who learned to knit as a child; I hope that he comes!

There have also been lots of ideas about the Fourth Wednesday Workshops. Sanne is going to take the first one which will be in lace knitting. I think that it's going to be a popular one and will be interested to see the reaction to the Facebook event page that I will make for it.

Rick was the planner of the Urban Cultural Event and we chatted after about having a crafter's weekend event with all kinds of things going on. We could have it at The Treehouse and try to get some big names involved. I like this idea and will work on it with Malia and Pauline to make the proposal in a few weeks.

It really feels like big things are beginning and I like the way it feels!




No comments:

Post a Comment